Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rest Easy

You know those moments your soul just won't rest in anything. The world may not necessarily be falling apart around you, your circumstances may not be horrendous, but there's just a faint restlessness inside. We usually feel it as we lie down to go to sleep, because we are really good at keeping busy and ignoring it during the day. So it was, with me last night. I truly believe I probably could've ignored it until I fell asleep, but God, in His grace saw fit to ease the restlessness rather than watch me suffer through a less than perfect night of sleep. How? Well, nothing particular flashy, He simply reminded me of His Gospel. I just wanted to share this with anyone who feels as if there soul is doing wind sprints when it needs to be resting.

If all is broken
And all is lost
What can restore
And at what cost

The casm is deep
And unfathomably wide
We cannot scale it
Let alone fly

A familiar land
We've longsince known
Still seemingly unnavigable
With our bearings gone

Could it be that simple
An empty tomb and cross
Is it possible that the wanderer
Might be the one who is sought

Yes, it is here where broken is mended
And the lost are found
At the foot of a cross
On blood soaked ground

All is not broken
All is not lost
For He has restored
By paying our cost

No comments:

Post a Comment